Member of the Month: Riverside University Health System, April 2019
We are excited to launch this new regular feature with Riverside University Health System. RUHS Emergency Department and Addiction Medicine along with Behavioral Health are addressing opioid addiction in many ways:
● Training nurses and physicians in addiction screening and MAT, with x-waiver training for ED physicians.
● Seeking grant support for an ED bridge program, for social workers, addiction medicine, and the ED team to connect with patients and link them to residential and outpatient SUD resources. This is the first time the ED has applied for a grant.
● Initiating MAT in Corrections, with linkages to care at release. Screening completed for nearly 7,000 new probationers for SUD, PH, and MH, via the Whole Person Care team.
● Providing Naloxone to patients and families.
● Treating pregnant women with SUD in prenatal clinic to minimize neonatal abstinence syndrome, and creating a county-wide care standard for prenatal care.
● Increasing MAT access in 40+ SUD sites countywide.
To find out more or connect and share insights, please visit here.